2023 SACCA Congress Presentations
The 23rd SACCA Congress in Botswana under the theme “Strengthening Sustainable Financial Systems for Economic Development”, attracted close to 1000 leaders from over 30 countries in Africa and beyond, providing a platform for collaboration, empowerment and collective Problem-solving for members and communities.
Below are some of the Presentations from various speakers.
Thematic Pre-Workshop Sessions
- Linda K. Dent – Acting Deputy General Counsel, National Credit Union Administration (USA)
- Amanda M. Parkhill- Deputy Director, Office of Examination and Insurance – National Credit Union Administration (USA)
- Dr. Bernard B. Bingab (ADE, Canada DE and Judith Ashelyne Mubiru
- Kenneth Odhiambo (ADE, DEEU) – CEO- Mwalimu, Caleb Orwa (ADE, CaribeanDE) – Internal Auditor ACCOSCA, and Joan Atuhura (ADE, CUDE) Head of Finance & Admin ACCOSCA (Strategy in Uncertain Times: Effective Governance).
- Jill Nowacki (I-CUDE) – President / CEO, Humanidei (USA). Grace Watsiera (AADE, I-CUDE) – Head of Programs and Business Development, ACCOSCA, and Triza Magreta (ADE, AADE) – CEO, Mudi SACCO (Malawi)
- Guest Speaker: Col. Joseph Onata (ADE, AADE) – CEO, Wazalendo SACCO (Uganda)
- Fumbani Nyangulu (AADE, I-CUDE)
- Baboucarr Jeng (I-CUDE)
- Monica Belz (AADE, I-CUDE) and Francis Waliwa (AADE, I-CUDE)
Breakout Sessions - (Networking and Advocacy AND Membership Participation and Growth).
- Noni Qoboshiyana – Leveraging Digitization to Promote Financial Inclusion: Visa as an Enabler
- Solomon Atsiaya (AADE, I-CUDE) – Enabling Financial Access through Digitalization
- Fumbani Nyangulu (AADE, I-CUDE) – Risk Assessment in SACCOs: Analysis of Credit, Liquidity and Operations
- Caleb Orwa (ADE, CaribDE) – Effective Financial Reporting for SACCOs: Current Trends
- Dr. Bongumusa Ntuli – Strategy Implementation Amidst Changing Operating Environment.
- Dallas Bergl – The Impact of Digital Preparedness and Absorption to Service Delivery in SACCOs
- Dr. Sylvester Ndiroramukama (ADE) – Why SACCOs Should Embrace Integrated Co-operative Model.
- Paul Mbugua – SACCO Digital Transformation and Shared Platforms
- Lebogang Kgosiemang – Impact of Supervision on CFIs’ Development and Growth: A Case of South Africa
- George Ototo (I-CUDE) – Group Managing Director -KUSCCO (Kenya) -Saving Mobilization Strategies: Getting the Balance between Savings and Credit
- Triza Magreta (ADE, AADE) – Women and Finance: Unlocking Hidden Growth Reserve
- Methods Mureebe (ADE) – Advocating for Financial Inclusion and Access
- Jenefer Machovina (CUDE) – Capacity; The Future of Lending for SACCOs
PLENARY SESSION - NETWORKING AND ADVOCACY
- Young Professionals Breakfast Meeting: Dream Big because All Dreams are Free – Brandi Stankovic (I-CUDE) – Chief Strategy Officer, CU Solutions Group (USA)
- Keynote Address: Highlight ACCOSCA Academy’s Six pillars- Monica Belz (AADE, I-CUDE) – President/CEO of Kauai Federal Credit Union (USA) Lois Kitsch (AADE, I-CUDE) – ACDF Chairperson & Co-Founder CU-Difference (USA) George Ombado (AADE, I-CUDE) – Executive Director, ACCOSCA (Kenya).
- Steven Stapp – President/CEO, Unitus Community Credit Union, Board Member, Worldwide Foundation (USA) (Serving the Underserved: Selected Transformational Approaches)
- 2023 ACDF Dinner: Honoring our Distinguished Service Award winners.
PLENARY SESSION-POLICY AND REGULATION
- Regulatory Trends and Effective Collaboration – Marlene Shiels (OBE, I-CUDE), CEO – Capital Credit Union and Chair – FCA Smaller Business Practitioner Panel of England (Scotland)
- Influencing SACCO Growth & Development – Brett Thompson, President and CEO of the Wisconsin Credit Union League (USA)
- SACCO Growth & Development: A Case of Tanzania – Dr Benson Ndiege, Registrar, Tanzania Co-operative Development Commission (Tanzania)
- Video – Influencing SACCO Growth and Development_wccu
PLENARY SESSION- MEMBERSHIP PARTICIPATION AND GROWTH
- Redefining Member Experience and Growth with Inclusivity Approach – Kim Sponem, President/CEO Summit Credit Union (USA)
- Making Credit Unions Attractive for ALL – Renée Sattiewhite (CUDE), President / CEO, African- American Credit Union Coalition (USA)
- Keynote Address: Otieno Steven – Promoting Cooperatives as an Enabler for Community Empowerment: The Bottom-Up Economic Transformation Agenda